Shopping Actions has a new name! Shopping Actions is now Buy on Google. You’ll see the new name across the help center. Learn more about name changes
This article explains how you’ll be billed and paid when you participate in Buy on Google.
How it works
Details on form 1099 should be obtained directly from the selected PSP.
There is no need to link your bank account to your Merchant Center account, as all bank disbursements will come directly from the payment service provider into the account you have set up with them. You can continue using Merchant Center for order management, returns, and to access a settlement report for transaction-level details, which will also align with your payment service provider account.
Returns and refund updates are to be coordinated through Google. Once Google transmits this info to your payment service provider, the latter will process the refund and adjust the balance/transaction ledger accordingly to their policy.
Disbursement schedules (US only)
In addition, each month, your Retailer Standards score will be evaluated, and based on that score, you could be moved to a different schedule:
- For Top Retailer scores: payment disbursed 1 day after charge with a valid tracking ID (14 days without a valid tracking ID).
- For Meets Standards scores: payment disbursed 7 days after charge with a valid tracking ID (14 days without a valid tracking ID).
|Retailer Standard score||Tracking ID Status||Disbursement schedule|
|Top Rated||Valid tracking ID||1 day after charge capture|
|Meets Standards||Valid tracking ID||7 days after charge capture|
|Top Rated and Meets Standards||No valid tracking ID||14 days from charge capture|
|Below Standard or No Rating||N/A||28 days from charge capture|
If you’re integrated with a payment service provider, you should work directly with them to negotiate how to handle chargeback processes and policies.
All the transaction-level details are available to you in your settlement report.
Situations that may result in non-payment
- Orders fulfilled during the “in progress” state: When an order is created, it is exposed to the retailer with the "in progress" state. During this time, the order may still be cancelled, and we do not advise you to physically ship the order. If you ship the order and it gets cancelled, then you will be responsible for any related costs. Thus, we recommend you wait until the order advances to the "pending shipment" state. Note: it can take 30 or more minutes for an order to change its state to "pending shipment".
- Orders that aren’t shipped within three days of the shipment date: Orders that haven’t been shipped within three days of the “ship-by date” will be automatically canceled, and Google will not be able to facilitate the transaction. You’ll be responsible for return costs for all canceled orders. You must notify Google that the order has been shipped and provide tracking information to prevent such a cancellation.
Need to appeal?
- About settlement reports
- About managing orders in Merchant Center
- Link your Merchant Center account to a third-party platform
Need help? Click hereto contact Buy on Google support.