This article explains what promotion limits and budgets are and how you can add them to your Buy on Google promotions.
Limits and budgets allow you to:
- Have more control over your promotions
- Limit the amount you want to spend on a promotion
- Prevent a promotion from being applied too many times
Adding a limit and a budget to your promotions is optional. Learn more about how to create a promotion in Merchant Center
Once the promotion limits you set are reached, your promotions will no longer be displayed to customers. You can set limits for:
- Maximum budget: This is the total amount you can set for a promotion. For example, imagine that you want to set up a promotion of 10 USD off per item and you set a maximum budget of 1000 USD. Once you sell 100 items in this promotion, the total budget amount is reached and the promotion is no longer displayed to customers.
- Order limit: The maximum number of orders a promotion applies to. When the order limit is reached, your promotion is no longer displayed to customers.
How to add a budget and/or order limit to a promotion:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account
- Click Marketing in the navigation menu, then click Promotions
- Click the plus button
- Select the promotion categories that best fit your promotion
- Under “Buy on Google”, enter the order limit and/or the maximum budget for the promotion
- Click Continue and finish editing your promotion
You can also set a budget and/or order limit to a promotion by using the following promotion feed attributes:
|Maximum number of promotion applications
||The maximum number of orders the promotion can be applied to|
|Maximum budget for promotion
||The maximum budget amount set for the promotion|
Need help? Click here to contact Buy on Google support.