Set up custom attributes
Use custom attributes to make changes and store your data before assigning the values to a product data specification attribute.
This article explains how to set up custom attributes to use in your feed rules.
Before you begin
How it works
Custom attributes allow you to store a value that you may use later to populate a different attribute value. This allows you to create a secondary version of the value without changing the existing attribute.
- You'd like to prepend the color "red" to a
titleattribute, but you'd also like to keep "burgundy" in the
You'd like to separate one section of the
product_typeattribute to use in your description, but you need to retain the entire
product_typein the attribute.
InstructionsStep 1: Create your custom attribute
- Go to the Feeds page under Products.
- Select the feed you want to impact with Feed Rules.
- Click the Rules tab at the top of the page.
- If you have more than one country of sale and target language connected to this feed, be sure to select the country that you would like to apply the rule to.
- Click Create Rule.
- At the bottom of the menu, click Create custom attribute.
- Enter a name for your attribute, and click OK.
- Use Feed Rules to populate and modify your custom attribute.
Once you've created and saved your custom attribute, you can now use it to populate or modify other attributes. To do this, set up a new feed rule on the product data specification attribute of your choice. You can reference custom attributes in any rule condition or within any feed rule operation.Note: You'll find the new custom attribute in the Processed attributes section. All custom attributes are marked with a "*".