About Google-facilitated returns
Google-facilitated returns are required for all Shopping Actions retailers. Our return and refund process helps provide a consistent and reliable customer experience. Learn more about Google-managed customer support
This article explains the benefits, participation requirements, and process for Shopping Actions returns.
Google-facilitated returns and refunds offer 4 main benefits:
- Easy-to-follow standards and processes
- Google support for both merchants and customers
- Enforced return eligibility
- Savings on shipping and processing costs
Choose the country where you use Shopping Actions.
Participation requirements and policy
Make sure you meet the following requirements:
Process the refund within 2 business days of the return arriving at your facility. If your refund isn't processed within 2 days, a refund may be processed automatically on your behalf and the refund will be deducted from your merchant center account balance.
Note: You can manually reject a return from the Order management section of your Merchant Center account.
- Include the purchase price plus tax and any applicable fees in total refund amount, as long as the item is returned in new or as delivered condition. To determine which fees are eligible for refund, review the following policies:
- Do not charge customers for restocking fees.
- Provide a minimum 30-day return policy for all items, starting from their delivery date. Items that don't meet the minimum return policy may be removed from your available inventory.
- Exceptions: You may provide a return policy with a minimum of 14 days for electronic items. You may provide a return policy that designates food items, perishables, or living things as ineligible for return. Google may determine that certain other items are non-returnable - such as gift cards or memberships.
- Allow an extra 20 days from the end of return eligibility for the return to arrive at your facility.
- Comply with order-related return shipping fees:
- Customer-related returns: You may charge customers a $5.50 return shipping fee by deducting the cost from the refund value if your return policy applies (for example, if a customer changes their mind, ordered items by mistake, finds a better price, or items don't fit as expected.)
- Original shipping fees: For order-related returns, refund the original shipping cost plus the cost of the item, including tax. However, if the return is for only part of an order, or is an item that was shipped with other items that aren't being returned, you aren't required to refund the original shipping fees
- Return shipping fees, order-related returns: Order-related returns include situations when items are late, damaged or poor quality, incorrect, or don't match the description. Do not charge customers for return shipping on order-related returns.
How it works
Customers can start returns or request refunds through Shopping Actions or by contacting Google customer support. Google manages all order-related communications and decides how best to help customers based on participation requirements and your return policy. To help facilitate this process, be sure to clearly display your return policy information on your product details page.
When customers start a return, we give them a prepaid return label and a packing slip. The return label includes your return address, the Google order ID, the merchant order ID (if applicable), and the return reason code to facilitate your return and refund process.
For each return package sent to your return center, you'll be billed $5.50 in your monthly invoice.
To ensure your return-eligible items can be returned without any special packaging requirements, they should not exceed the following dimensions:
- Maximum weight: 150 lbs (or 68 kg). For Collisomo, the maximum weight is 66 lbs (or 30 kg).
- Maximum length: 108"
- Maximum dimension: (length + 2 x [width + height]): 165"
Note: You may provide a return and refund policy that designates food items, perishables, or living things as ineligible for return.
Refunds, replacements, and courtesy coupons
Customer support can issue refunds, replacements, or courtesy coupons. These decisions may be granted for various reasons. For the following order-related reason codes, refunds and replacement costs are billed in your monthly invoice:
- Unsuccessful delivery
- Package or item missing
- Incorrect item sent
- Incorrect price charged
- Item damaged, defective, or expired
Note: The total cost of a refund or replacement includes item price, tax, and may include associated shipping cost and shipping cost tax.
When does Google issue refunds without return?
In general, customers will be instructed to return all available items, but there may be exceptions when customer support determines that a refund without a return is more appropriate. Here are some situations to keep in mind:
- If customer support issues refunds when items are available to be returned, you'll be billed a maximum of $10.
- If customer support issues refunds because items weren’t received by the customer, you'll be responsible for the entire cost of the item.
- If customer support issues refunds for items that have been returned to you, but haven’t been processed within the required refund processing timeline, you’ll be billed for the full amount for these refunds.
|Refund type||Refund values for returns not processed|
|Refund for customer remorse||Not to exceed $10 + original shipping fees|
|Refund for late parcel||Not to exceed $10 + original shipping fees|
|Refund for wrong item||Not to exceed $10 + original shipping fees|
|Refund for damaged item||Not to exceed $10 + original shipping fees|
|Refund for missing item or package||Full item value + original shipping fees|
|Refund for returns not processed by merchant in time||Full item value + original shipping fees|
|Marked as delivered?||Missing in transit?||Signature obtained?||Merchant results|
|Yes||N/A||No||Merchant will be billed for the full refund|
- Customers may be asked to provide photographic evidence in the case of wrong items or damaged items.
- You may be responsible for the entire cost of the item if a signature for delivery is required, depending on the carrier’s claim decision. If you think you’ve been charged for a refund incorrectly and have definitive proof that the claim was denied, contact us.
Need help? Click here to contact Shopping Actions support.