Product Ratings feeds through Merchant Center
This article will tell you how to upload your Product Ratings feed to Merchant Center.
Before you begin
- Have a Merchant Center account or sub-account. Learn more about how to open a Merchant Center account
- Sign up to submit your feed using this interest form.
- Have a validated product reviews XML file ready. Learn more about XML validation and creating your XML feed
- Make sure your feed meets these prerequisites:
- You must host your own XML feed, and the URL of your file location must begin with http://, https://, ftp://, or sftp://.
- You can supply a single XML file or multiple XML files compressed into a .zip file.
- Under no circumstances may the size of a single XML file exceed 100 MB, even if it is contained in a .zip file. A .zip file containing multiple XML files may be over 100 MB in size. Any single XML file that exceeds the 100 MB size limit will not be processed.
- Each single file must be a fully-contained, valid XML file. Refer to the feed specifications for details on what each XML file should include.
How to upload a new Product Reviews feed
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Click Marketing in the navigation menu.
- Click Product reviews.
- Click Product reviews feeds to open the “Feeds” page.
- Click the plus button on the “Feeds” page.
From the dropdown, select the Feed mode:
- A Standard feed indicates a reviews feed that is intended to be fully processed.
- A Test feed should be uploaded only for validation purposes.
Step 2: Name and input method
- Give your feed a name. Only you will see this.
- Choose an upload method.
Step 3: Setup
- Configure your feed options for the method you've chosen:
- Enter the file name.
- Select the fetch frequency from the dropdown menu.
- Select the fetch time from the dropdown menu.
- Select the time zone from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the file URL.
- If your URL is password protected, provide your login info.
- Click Continue.
After you have registered a new feed, it will appear in your list of registered feeds in the Feeds screen. A feed can be in the following states:
- Processing: Indicates that feed validation is in progress.
- Processed: Indicates that Google has successfully received and validated the feed.
- Failed: Indicates that feed validation was not successful and the feed content will not be processed further. You must correct the feed and upload the file again.