If the product category of your product requires a GTIN as a unique product identifier, then you must submit the correct manufacturer-assigned GTIN for each product. If a GTIN is not required, you may leave the
gtin attribute without a value.
For more information about the validation of GTINs, refer to the GTIN Validation Guide.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Correct the product identifiers to match those provided by the manufacturer
Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Unsupported value (reserved) [gtin]
Check your product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each product is using an accurate GTIN that is not in the restricted ranges.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.