shipping_weight[delivery_weight] attribute lets you include the weight to use when calculating delivery costs through your Merchant Center settings. For example, you would use
shipping_weight[delivery_weight] when using carrier-calculated rates.
When to use
Optional for each product
If you set your account delivery settings in Merchant Center based on weight, then use the
shipping_weight [delivery_weight] attribute to submit the weight for each product. Methods that calculate delivery cost using weight include courier-calculated rates and delivery weight tables. Learn more about delivery settings.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure that we understand the data that you're submitting.
|Type||Number plus unit|
|File format||Example entry|
To format your data for Content API, have a look at the Content API for Shopping.
Follow these guidelines to make sure that you submit high-quality data for your products.
These are the requirements that you'll need to meet to show your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know on the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account.
- Ensure that you only use this attribute if you are sure that your product doesn't have any assigned unique product identifiers.
- Products for which the
identifier_exists [identifier_exists]attribute is incorrectly set to
false [false], and for which there is evidence that a unique product identifier exists, will be disapproved.
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimise your product data for performance.
- Set up delivery services through Merchant Center. To take advantage of the weight that you submit, make sure that you set up delivery services through Merchant Center. Learn more about configuring delivery settings.
- Use the actual delivery weight. Some couriers take into account both weight and package dimensions when calculating delivery costs. When you use a courier-calculated setting, we'll calculate the applicable delivery cost based on both weight and dimension. Submit dimensions through
- Respect courier weight limits. All couriers have limits as to what can be delivered using their services and most couriers don't accept packages over a certain weight. Courier rates do not support products exceeding these limits and you should define delivery costs for them using delivery tables. Learn more about courier-calculated rates and supported countries/couriers.
Review each section closely to determine whether the requirements apply to your country or product. If you don't follow requirements that apply to you, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in Diagnostics in your Merchant Center account.
- Submit weight using the
- Submit dimensions using
- Use a delivery table to set up LTL delivery costs in your account delivery settings. Courier-calculated rates don't support LTL pricing for heavy or large products.
- Submit the
shipping_label [delivery_label]attribute to assign a freight class to each product and define multiple delivery groups in Merchant Center. You can then create tables specific to each freight class.
- Use the highest possible delivery cost that a user might pay. If you have difficulties submitting accurate delivery costs (for example, due to real-time cost calculations at checkout), you should submit the highest possible delivery cost that a user might pay.