[size_type]attribute to describe the cut of your product. This information helps create accurate filters, which users can use to narrow search results.
When to use
- Optional for each product
These are the supported values for this attribute:
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure that Google understands the data that you're submitting.
Yes (maximum of two values)
|File format||Example entry|
To format your data for Content API, have a look at the Content API for Shopping.
Follow these guidelines to make sure that you submit high quality data for your products.
These are the requirements that you'll need to meet to show your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know on the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account.
- Ensure that you only use this attribute if you are sure that your product doesn't have any assigned unique product identifiers.
- Products for which the
identifier_exists [identifier_exists]attribute is incorrectly set to
false [false], and for which there is evidence that a unique product identifier exists, will be disapproved.
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimise your product data for performance.
- Match the manufacturer's sizing of the product. If your product already has a size type on it, submit the matching supported value.
- To represent products with two size types, submit two matching values. (For example, 'big and tall' or 'petite maternity'.)
- Submit the size type whenever it's relevant. If you don't include a value for the size type attribute, we'll use
regular(regular) as the default. If that's not the right size type, users could be misled, which could affect your sales.
- Submit the size system attribute. To also explain which country's sizing system your product uses, also submit the size system
- Submit the size attribute. Along with the size type, make sure to submit the specific size of your product using the size
- Submit the gender attribute. To help show your product in the right search results, also submit the gender
Size type is relevant for most clothing products. To help show your product in the most relevant searches, you should also include the size
[size], size system
[size_system] and gender
[gender] attributes. Note that the country you select for size system should match the country of sale.
|Product data for skater dress, polka-dot, size 12P, sold in the UK|
||Black Skater polka-dot dress, 12P|