Some of your products have titles that contain excessively capitalised text. Excessively capitalised text is frequently used in spam emails or by fishy retailers, hence people who are shopping online may perceive your ads and listings to be less trustworthy than others.
Please note that we use automated systems to determine excessively capitalised text and sometimes products get flagged incorrectly.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the 'Issue' column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the 'Issue' column, then click View examples in the 'Affected items' column.
Step 2: Update the titles to remove excessive capitalisation
- Filter the downloaded report so that you can only see products with
'Issue title' = Excessive capitalisation [title]
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID) and ensure that capitalised text is used appropriately in product titles.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you've updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you've fixed the issue by making sure that it's no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Bear in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.