Descriptions help customers find products on Google. If you use a short description, customers are less likely to find your product when looking for particular features or properties.
Please include more information in the description
[description] attribute. Your description should describe the most relevant attributes of your product, such as size, material, intended age range, special features, or other technical specs. Also include details about the product's most visual attributes, such as shape, pattern, texture, and design, since we may use this text for finding your product.
It is recommended to submit a description around 500 to 1,000 characters, but you can submit up to 5,000 characters. Descriptions should follow standard grammar rules and end with a punctuation mark.
Manufacturers might be able to provide more detailed product descriptions you can use.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Add a description value that meets the minimum requirements
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
"Issue title" = Text too short: description
- Check your products with too short descriptions. Submit your descriptions around 500 to 1,000 characters, but you can submit up to 5,000 characters. Descriptions should follow standard grammar rules and end with a punctuation mark.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.