One or more of the values that you’ve submitted for the tax
[tax] attribute (or in the Merchant Center account-level tax settings) for products targeting the United States is lower than the tax charged for these products on your website.
Taxes are a key part of the total price a person has to pay for a product. By submitting accurate tax information for your Shopping ads and free listings, you ensure that you are displaying correct total prices to online customers.
You should have received an email asking you to update your Merchant Center tax rates by a certain date so that these values are consistent with those on your website.
For products targeting the United States, don't include any taxes in the price
[price] attribute. Use the account-level settings and the tax
[tax] attribute to provide applicable rates for taxes such as a Goods and Services Tax (GST), value-added tax (VAT), sales tax, or import tax. Learn more about how to correctly submit taxes in the US
If you can't provide the exact tax information, it is acceptable to overestimate the average tax rate that users visiting your website would be charged.
Learn more about how to submit taxes correctly for your target country
Step 1: Ensure that the tax information provided in Merchant Center matches the tax rates you charge on your website
- Investigate your update process to see what could be causing the problem:
- Check the warning email for examples of products that are affected. Look for a common problem in your product data that could cause these tax issues.
- Review your account-level tax settings and the tax
[tax]attribute information in Merchant Center. You can specify tax information at the account level or the product level. In many cases, an account-level setup for taxes should be sufficient. If you have a more complex setup, you can use product-level overrides.
[tax]attribute value overrides the account level value.
- Once you’ve addressed the problem, update your product data to match your website.
Step 2: Resubmit your product data
After you’ve fixed the issue and updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
Step 3: Request a review
After you resubmit your product data that caused the mismatch, request an account review:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Navigate to Account issues on the “Diagnostics” page.
- Locate the account-level issue that you would like to have reviewed.
- Make sure that there are in-stock products uploaded and all issues for the affected target country are resolved.
- Click Request review.
- Read the pop-up window to ensure that you understand the review process, and its requirements and limitations.
- Check the box and click Request review.
Note: Review requests can take up to 5 days to complete. You’ll receive an email notification when the review has been completed.
After the review is performed, if your account meets the product data requirements, your account will be reactivated.