Restricted products & services
This article outlines the products and services that are not supported or are restricted for promotion or sale in Shopping Actions. Review the list to ensure your products and services meet the outlined policies.*
*Legal disclaimer: All shopping policies apply, as per Google Terms of Service
Review these policies often, as they may change.
Excluded product categories and types
We currently do not support the following item categories or types for Shopping Actions.
- Pharmaceuticals and supplements (including pet pharmaceuticals): Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion or sale of certain pharmaceuticals and supplements. Learn more
- Automotive: Motor or sail-powered vehicles used for transport of people on public access ways. Learn more
- Digital goods and subscriptions: Payment method that allows users to pay for goods on an ongoing basis, at regular intervals in the future. Learn more
Types of products
- Offers for custom or personalized products
- Bundled service plans
- Used or refurbished products
- Final Sale Items
- Preorder Items
- Items requiring in-store activation
- Items sold by marketplace sellers
- Items that require scheduled delivery, or delivery by freight
- Vehicle parts requiring ACES identifiers
Product restriction policies
Adult sexual services
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion or sale of content related to pornography, nudity, graphic sexual language or escort services.
Casinos and gambling
Shopping Actions doesn’t allow the promotion or sale of gambling-related products, including:
- Gambling-related promotional products such as gambling-related vouchers, bonus codes, etc.
- Gambling-related lotteries tickets such as non-national or state lotteries, or national or state lottery affiliates or aggregators
- Physical lottery scratch cards
However, Google allows the promotion and sale of physical gambling-related equipment, including:
- Gambling-related accessories, for example: poker chips
- Gambling-related physical items, for example: poker books, DVDs, video games for consoles
Financial or other regulated products, securities and stored value
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion or sale of financial or investment products including cash disbursements, money orders, traveler's checks, stocks, bonds, or related financial products and stored value cards.
Shopping Actions does allow the promotion and sale of a merchant’s own gift cards.
Health care and medicines
Shopping Actions restricts the promotion of the following healthcare-related products:Prescription drugs
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion of prescription drugs, irrespective of any claims of legality. See a non-exhaustive list of prescription drugs or active ingredients that are monitored under this policy.
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion of certain pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality. For a non-exhaustive list of prohibited pharmaceuticals and supplements, please see unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements that are monitored under this policy. Please also refer to the additional unapproved item types below.
- Products that contain ephedra.
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in relation to weight loss/weight control, or when promoted in conjunction with anabolic steroids.
- Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients.
- Products that make false or misleading health claims, such as claiming to be as effective as anabolic steroids, prescription weight-loss drugs, and prescription erectile dysfunction drugs.
- Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment.
For additional information on the products we monitor under this policy, please visit www.legitscript.com.
Additionally, Shopping Actions prohibits sites whose primary purpose is to sell products that claim or imply to be as effective as anabolic steroids, weight-loss drugs, erectile dysfunction drugs, prescription drugs, or controlled substances, irrespective of claims of legality.
Shopping Actions may disallow the promotion of any dietary supplement, drug, or other product that's been the subject of any government or regulatory action or warning.
We also don't allow the promotion of products with names that are or may be confusingly similar to anabolic steroids, weight-loss drugs, prescription drugs, controlled substances, or other products that are banned under this policy, irrespective of any claims of legality. Examples include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Phentrimine, phenermine, or phentramine (which are similar to the prescription drug "phentermine")
- Calis, cealis or "herbal cialis" (which are similar to the prescription drug "Cialis")
- D-Bol, Dinabol, or dianibol (which are similar to the anabolic steroid "Dianabol")
Over-the-counter (OTC) and behind-the-counter (BTC) products
|US||Shopping Actions doesn't allow promotion or sale behind-the-counter (BTC) products in the US. Behind-the-counter medications do not require a prescription but require discussion with a pharmacist prior to purchase. Examples of BTC products may include medicines containing pseudoephedrine and emergency contraceptives, and may differ by region.|
|France||Shopping Actions does not allow the promotion or sale of over-the-counter (OTC) and behind-the-counter (BTC) products in France.|
|US||Shopping Actions allows the promotion of pet pharmaceuticals in the US, however merchants promoting pet pharmaceuticals must be accredited by the Vet-VIPPs Program.|
|France||Shopping Actions does not allow the promotion or sale of pet pharmaceuticals in France.|
|US||Shopping Actions allows the promotion of medical devices in the US. Medical devices must be registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration and logged in their database.|
Shopping Actions does not allow the promotion or sale of unrestricted medical devices in France.
Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: hearing aids, corrective lenses and glasses, prostheses and orthotics, in-vitro diagnostic devices.
|US||Shopping Actions allows the promotion of HIV home tests in the US. Google only allows certain HIV home tests that are approved by the FDA.|
|France||Shopping Actions does not allow the promotion or sale of HIV home tests in France|
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion of paternity tests that are advertised as secret.
Human remains and body parts
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion or sale of illegal products or products enabling illegal acts.
All products being promoted must clearly comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Whenever there's a question of whether compliance is clear, Google may choose to err on the side of conservative interpretation and have additional restrictions. We aren't interested in promoting products of questionable legality.
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion or sale of services. The term “service” refers to an intangible economic activity that does not result in ownership of specific goods. Shopping Actions only allows the promotion of physical goods.
Examples of prohibited content include online services, financial services, travel packages, consulting, business services and online gaming currency or related services.
Stolen property and lock picking devices
Underage or non-consensual sex acts
Shopping Actions doesn't allow the promotion or sale of vehicles.
According to this policy, vehicles are defined as any car, truck or boat designed to transport people.