Safety & Security
Google Express restricts the promotion or sale of hazardous materials.
Google Express allows promotion or sale of hazardous materials classified as Other Regulated Materials (ORM-D) by the U.S. Department of Transportation. ORM-D goods present a limited hazard during shipping due to their quantity, form or packaging, and are sometimes referred to as “Consumer Commodities.” Consumer Commodities are hazardous materials packed in a form suitable for retail sale for consumption by individuals for personal care of household use, such as:
- Nail polish
- Acetone nail polish remover
- Aerosol hair spray
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent light bulbs.
Merchants are responsible for ensuring they promote only ORM-D goods in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation definitions. For complying with marking requirements, merchants must either
- Appropriately mark the packages with such ORM-D goods with the “ORM-D” or limited quantity marking. The "ORM-D" marking is only permissible until Dec. 31, 2020.
- Indicate in their feeds which items are ORM-D goods.
Google Express doesn’t allow promotion or sale of non-ORM-D hazardous materials. Some examples of prohibited products include:
- Lithium metal or ion batteries (such as button cells), unless they are either of the following
- (a) contained in equipment
- (b) lithium metal batteries with a net weight of 11 lbs or less and packed with equipment
- Flammable solids, like matches, sulfur or silicon powder
- Flammable liquids, like lighter fluid, butane or propane
- Toxic and infectious substances, like pesticides and arsenic
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosives, like sulfuric acid and mercury
Google Express doesn’t allow the promotion or sale of items which are subject to a recall by the manufacturer or any governmental agency, such as the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Sale of free items
Google Express doesn't allow the promotion or sale of items that are otherwise available for free. We also don't allow the promotion of government forms that are available for free or for a lower price from official bodies or the government.
Google Express doesn't allow the promotion or sale of products used to enable bulk marketing, including sending unsolicited email messages, or otherwise enabling spam techniques.
Google Express doesn’t allow the promotion or sale of items whose primary value is subject to a specific time interval or expiration date including concert or sports tickets and airplane or train tickets.
We allow the promotion of items which display an expiration date in order to comply with local health and safety regulations. For example, alimentary products are allowed according to this policy.
User safetyGoogle Express doesn't allow the promotion or sale of products associated with deceptive business models and misleading claims including multi-level marketing programs, matrix, pyramid, Ponzi schemes and wealth creation programs.