This article outlines the guidelines for promotion formats and titles.
Your content must provide a complete, accurate description of the promotion that is easy to understand and doesn't mislead shoppers. Approved promotions will appear with your Product Shopping ads as a "special offer" link. After they click the link, shoppers will see the title and redemption code.
Title guidelinesState the value of the promotion
- Values in titles must reflect the specific promotion that is applied at checkout
- Monetary discount must be reflected in the specified area’s currency symbol or code (e.g. $5,300 INR, 15 AUD, etc.)
- Free shipping and discounted shipping promotions need to include a redemption code in the promotions feed, not in the title
- Titles must have specific promotion value and discount, and can not be generic promotional text (e.g. “Spring shoe sale”)
- Free items must be described in the title and include a dollar value when possible:
- No: Free item with purchase
- Yes: Free memory card with purchase
- No: Gift card/voucher with purchase
- Yes: Free $25 gift card/voucher with purchase
- If a promotion requires a minimum purchase, it must be stated in the title (e.g., $5 off purchases over $20).
- If a promotion is good for certain items or types of items, don't create a misleading title that implies otherwise.
- Titles should be consistent with the applicability set in your promotion attribute. For example, if the title says “$15 off all products,” or “$15 off all orders,” then the product applicability should be set to
If the promotion is applicable for specific products (e.g. "20% off on baby sneakers only,") the product applicability should be set to
If a promotion includes tiered discounts, promotions should never show the highest possible value (e.g. the "ceiling").
- No: Up to $20 off
- Yes: $10 - $20 off or $10+ off
- Yes: $10+ off
Tiered promotions can be submitted as one promotion or multiple. If you submit a tiered promotion as a single promotion, the title must be within the 60-character limit and state the “floor” promotion.
Example of a tiered promotion:
- $10 off $50+
- $15 off $75+
- $20 off $100+
Example: 30% off organic household products (max discount $20).
- Codes: Redemption codes should only be entered in the fields designed specifically for them in the promotions feed, not in the title
- Redemption dates: Include dates in any of these formats: "M/D/YYYY," "Ends in YYYY," "MM/DD," "January D, YYYY,"etc.
Promotion text must use correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.Titles must not exceed character limits
Titles have a limit of 60 characters.
- US Dollars (USD): en-US
- Australian Dollars (AUD): en-AU
- Indian Rupees (INR): en-IN
|Extra extra savings||Not allowed: Gimmicky repetition of words|
|Buy more save more! 50% off all jeans||Not allowed: Unnecessary text (e.g. Buy more, save more!)|
|Save today - $10 off orders of $75+||Not allowed: Unnecessary text (e.g. Save today)|
|Happy holidays! Get 10% off your order||Not allowed: Irrelevant text (e.g. Happy holidays!)|
All words must be spelled correctly with no typos, and text must be written in logical sentence form using correct grammar. Exceptions are allowed for common abbreviations that the majority of users would understand.
|Free shipping on all ski product||Not allowed: Grammar mistake: "product" should be "products"|
|15% off, no min purchase requirement||Allowed: Most users understand "min" stands for "minimum"|
|Save $5 + BOGO||Not allowed: Most users don't understand what "BOGO" means|
|35% off (MSRP) all items from our site||Not allowed: Acronym MSRP is not allowed in title|
Promotion titles must not have missing spaces or extra spaces between letters or words, or around punctuation.
|30% off skincare,hair products,and fragrance||Not allowed: Text does not leave proper spacing between words|
|$5 off men's shirt s with purchase||Not allowed: Text has an incorrect space within one word and an extra space between two words|
|F r e e shipping with $50+ purchase||Not allowed: Text has extra space with one word|
Promotions must have correct punctuation and must not use unnecessary, distracting, or gimmicky numbers, letters, or symbols, such as:
- Exclamation marks in the title
- Repeated punctuation or symbols
- Symbols, numbers, and letters that don't adhere to their true meaning
|30% off wood furniture 4 kitchens||Not allowed: Text uses symbols that don't adhere to their true meaning|
|***Free T-shirt with $50+ purchase***||Not allowed: Text uses gimmicky punctuation|
|Everything 20%!||Not allowed: Text has an exclamation mark|
Promotions must not contain excessive, gimmicky, or inconsistent capitalization.
|FREE MUG WITH PURCHASE||Not allowed: Text contains excessive capitalization|
|Free mug With purchase||Not allowed: Text contains inconsistent capitalization|
|Free mug with purchase||Allowed: Text uses sentence-style capitalization|
|Free Mug With Purchase||Allowed: It's okay to capitalize the first letter of every word in the offer title, as long as it's done consistently|
Note: Google or its affiliates may modify title text to make non-material changes (e.g., size, formatting, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling modifications) or as described in the Program policies. Google is not responsible for the accurate depiction of branded terms. When Google makes these changes, we do not shift your liability for the content.