Set up your account
Provide basic details about your business in the Business information section of Merchant Center. You can find Business information in the navigation panel in your Merchant Center account. This information is used in different Merchant Center programmes, such as Shopping ads.
Add your business information
Google uses the business information that you submit to display to users who view your products online.
- Business display name: The name of your business or shop. The business display name must adhere to the shop name guidelines and is displayed on your ads.
- Website: The domain that hosts your products. Your URL must begin with http:// (or https://) and include your full domain name.
- Business address: The location of your headquarters or where your business is registered.
- Korean business registration number: If applicable, your valid 10-digit business registration number (BRN).
- Primary users: The people who will use your Merchant Center account or receive emails about your account activity.
- Standard: Users with the ability to sign in to Google Merchant Center and access everything in the account, except the 'Users' tab, the 'Merchant Center programmes' tab and the 'Orders and Payments' tab.
- Admin: Users with standard access, plus additional abilities. Admins may add, delete or edit user roles in the 'Users' tab, and are able to access the 'Merchant Center programmes' tab where they may enable or disable programmes.
- Email contacts: Users without the ability to access your account, but who will receive certain email notifications based on preferences.
- Secondary user types:
- Order management: Users responsible for order management.
- Google Customer Review: If you're participating in Google Customer Reviews, you'll see this user role. Use the Google Customer Reviews role to restrict access to just the Google Customer Reviews section of Merchant Center. Users with only the Google Customer Reviews role assigned will not be able to access other parts of Merchant Center. Standard and Admin users can access the Google Customer Reviews section by default.
- Payments manager: Users who can manage Payment settings (e.g. business and tax information, bank account settings) and can grant 'Payments analyst' role access (also have 'Payments analyst' role access themselves).
- Payments analyst: Users who can access the Payments statements.
- Customer service contact (optional): The customer service contact email, URL and number from your website.
Verify and claim your website URL in the Website page under Business information. Use this page to claim your website URL and go to Business information to update your URL.
Note: Your product landing page link must match the domain that you've registered in Merchant Center. If your site is http://www.example.com/, the 'link' attribute needs to include URLs like http://www.example.com/item1.html.
In most cases, the best URL to enter is the top-level URL of your site, e.g. http://example.com. If you use a sub-host of path to host your shop, it will need to be included in your URL e.g. http://shops.example.com/myshop.
Website URL requirements
The website URL used in your Merchant Center account must meet the following requirements:
- Start with either http:// or https://
- No IP addresses are allowed, e.g. http://10.127.127.127
- No ports are allowed, e.g. http://www.example.co.uk:8080
- No fragments are allowed, e.g. http://www.example.co.uk#top
- Follows the Merchant Center guidelines for website requirements
If you want to submit items for more than one domain, you'll need to set up a multi-client account.