Certain promotions can be shown to shoppers while they use the Chrome desktop browser. Promotions in Chrome can be shown in two locations:
- On the Chrome New Tab page, as part of a new experience showing recent activity across the web. This will help to bring users back to your site to finish a purchase.
- In the Chrome address bar, while a shopper is browsing your website. This helps shoppers easily locate the best deals on your website.
Note: This feature is rolling out gradually and promotions visibility may vary.
To be eligible to show on the Chrome desktop browser, promotions must:
- Be targeted to show organically in the US
- Be percent off or money off
- Have a coupon code that can be applied without additional conditions and requirements
If a promotion is eligible, it automatically appears on the Chrome address bar and the Chrome New Tab page.
How to opt out
If you don’t want any promotions from your Merchant Center account to show in the Chrome address bar or the New Tab page, you can opt out using this form. Google will process the request within 5 business days. The user requesting an opt-out must be an administrator of the Merchant Center account, or else the request can’t be processed.