If you are an eligible and invited creator, you can onboard your products to YouTube Shopping. You will need to upload your product feed into Merchant Center, connect your Google Analytics account, link your feed with your YouTube channel and then manage your products on YouTube Studio. The YouTube Shopping
[YouTube_Shopping] destination will be added to your product feed in Google’s Merchant Center once you have completed the below onboarding steps.
Onboard offers with a Shopping platform or retailer
If you’re managing your product offers through partner Shopping platforms or retailers, you should work directly with your partner to add your products, ask questions and receive troubleshooting support.
If you have a Shopify store, visit the YouTube Help Center to learn how to connect your store with YouTube.
For Shopping platforms or retailers
If you are onboarded as one of the participating Shopping platforms or retailers, follow the steps here to manage new channel offers across Merchant Center and Google Analytics.
Onboard on Merchant Center
For set-up in Merchant Center, you must submit a Supplemental Feed to match on the "brand ID" attribute
- Go to advanced settings match on a non-id attribute type in "brand" create feed
- Add the specifications into the feed:
- brand: Ensure the (case-sensitive) name exactly matches the name of the channel across YouTube Studio (Vendor field) and Google Analytics
- Additional YouTube custom attributes:
- youtube store url: Link to the channel’s store
- youtube store name: Readable name of the channel’s store
- youtube channel id: YouTube channel ID
youtube group id: Unique id of the form
(Multi-channel creator) If the creator has multiple YouTube channels and a single store needs to be linked to more than 1 YouTube channel, simply add additional columns at the end of the file. Name each additional column as
youtube channel idand include the ID information underneath.
In addition to standard Shopping policies, ensure offers also adhere to YouTube policies.
- Google Analytics: Fill out this form to inquire about additional steps for each new channel in your Google Analytics account.
When all of the above steps are completed, you’ll be able to find the YouTube Shopping
[YouTube_Shopping] destination enabled in your Merchant Center feed for the new channel's offers.
Manage how you showcase your products
Once you complete steps above to onboard on Merchant Center, visit the YouTube Help Center to learn how to connect, manage or disconnect your store on YouTube.