Currently only available with the Asus® Hangouts Meet hardware kit and in English
You can use your voice to join and leave video meetings, dial a phone number, and more with the Google Assistant. For example, you can say “Ok Google, join the meeting” to connect to a video meeting in seconds. For more information, see Is the Assistant recording all of my meeting conversations?
The Google Assistant is currently only supported with the Asus Hangouts Meet hardware kit. In addition, you need:
- Chromebox CN62, CN65 or later connected with a Hangouts Meet hardware speakermic and Mimo® touchscreen
- Chrome version 72 or later
If you see a prompt on the bottom left of the meeting display, you can use voice commands during a video meeting.
- Say Ok Google and then one of the following commands:
- To join a meeting, say Join the meeting.
- To call a phone number, say Call followed by the phone number.
- To leave a meeting, say Exit meeting.
- To hear spoken feedback during a meeting, say Turn on spoken feedback.
- For ideas about what Assistant can help with, say What can I do?
- If you want to turn off the Assistant for the rest of the video meeting, choose an option:
- On the touchscreen, next to Google Assistant, tap Turn Off .
- Say Ok Google, turn off Assistant.