You can use a keyboard with Google Meet hardware, Chromebox, and Chromebase.
Note: Only use one input source at a time. If you use a physical keyboard and then touch the screen, you might need to restart spoken feedback.
Navigate using the keyboard
You can use a keyboard to:
- Use the arrow keys to move around the screen.
- Use Tab to move forward. Press Shift + Tab to move backward.
- In a meeting:
- Press any arrow to expand the side panel. Press Esc to collapse.
Use the settings menu with a keyboard
You can use a keyboard to turn the settings menu on for Google Meet hardware, Chromebox, and Chromebase.
- Use the arrow keys or tab to navigate to Settings .
- Press Enter or the space bar.
- Use the Down arrow to highlight Accessibility press Enter.
- Choose an option. To highlight:
Screen magnifier—Press the Down arrow.
Spoken feedback—Press the Down arrowtwice.
- Press Enter to turn the feature On or Off .
Note: If you're turning on spoken feedback, you'll hear a prompt when it's on.
Turn accessibility features on or off
To immediately turn spoken feedback on or off with the attached keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Z. Or, you can follow the steps to turn spoken feedback or screen magnification on through the settings menu.
Tab to turn captions on or off
Live captions shows the text of the conversation on the screen during video meetings. Use the tab button to navigate through the steps to Use captions in a Meet hardware video meeting.