When you create a meeting invitation using Google Calendar and add a specific meeting room, the meeting is displayed on the Google Meet hardware or Chromebase touchscreen in that room. You can use the touchscreen to join meetings, control audio and video, and more.
Optionally, you can attach a keyboard and mouse to a Chromebase device to use with the touchscreen.
To join a scheduled meeting, just tap the meeting name and code on the touchscreen.
If you don’t see the name or code on the touchscreen:
- In the event invitation, get the meeting code or name.
- On the touchscreen, enter the code or name and tap Join.
- Tap Join or start a meetingJoin.
- Share the joining information with the people you’re meeting.
- Tap Add people .
- Enter the email of the new participant and tap Send invite.
To add someone by phone, your administrator has to enable the Call Phones feature in the Google Admin console. For more information, see Change settings for all devices.
- Your hardware must be located in specific countries.
- Calls can only be to the U.S. and Canada.
- Calls to emergency services are not supported.
If you add someone by phone, they join as audio-only attendees.
To add someone by phone to a video meeting:
- Tap Add people Call .
- Enter the phone number.
- (Optional) To open the keypad to enter additional numbers, such as an extension, select the phone number from the participant listtap Dial .
- If you need to hang up, select the phone number from the participant listtap End call.
Participants can join using a meeting code, dial-in phone number, or PIN. To see this information for the current meeting, tap View meeting details.
Use the touchscreen to control audio and video
During a video meeting, you can see the list of participants on the touchscreen. To control their participation and who you can see, tap the participant and then choose an option:
- To mute a participant, tap Mute .
If you mute someone, you cannot unmute them. They need to unmute themselves.
- To see a participant on the display in a room, regardless of who is speaking, tap Pin.
- To remove someone from the video meeting, tap Remove . If you want them to rejoin, you have to reinvite them to the meeting.
- To adjust the speaker volume in the room, drag the volume control.
- To mute the room, tap Turn off microphone .
- To unmute the room, tap Turn on microphone .
- To turn off the room camera, tap Turn off camera .
- To turn on the room camera, tap Turn on camera .
- To manually control the camera, tap Control camera and see Camera options below.
|Camera options||Option controls|
|Pan left and right||Tap the Left arrow and Right arrow .|
|Tilt up and down||Tap the Up arrow and Down arrow .|
|Zoom in and out||Tap Zoom in and Zoom out .|
|Recenter the camera||
Continuous camera control
Your administrator must turn on autozoom. For details, see Turn on continuous framing camera control.
You can set the camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. Seeing all the participants up close makes it easier to read facial expressions, maintain eye contact, and smoothly take turns in a conversation.
To turn continuous framing on or off, tap Control camera toggle the Continuous framing control On or Off .
Requires both the Google Meet Compute System and Smart Camera or Smart Camera XL.
To frame all the meeting participants in a room, tap Control camera tap Frame participants.
The administrator or the meeting coordinator must turn on recording in the Google Admin console. For details, see Turn recording on or off for Meet.
- Start the meeting.
- Tap Record meeting.
- Get consent from all participants and tap Start Recording.
- Tap Close to see the meeting participants or a presentation.
- When the meeting is over, tap Stop recording and Stop recording again to confirm.
A link to the recording is emailed to the meeting organizer.
- In a meeting, tap Start streamingStart live stream.
- To stop streaming, tap Stop streamingStop live stream.
For details, see Set up a live stream.
You can use the display in the room to present content, such as slides, animations, video, and audio, from your laptop computer using the green HDMI cable attached to the touchscreen.
To share content, connect the HDMI cable to your device. The HDMI connector will immediately present your screen and audio to people in the room.
If you're in a meeting, tap Present to meeting to present to everyone in the meeting.
- New chat messages appear as notifications on the display (not on the touchscreen).
- Tap Chat to view a chat during the meeting.
- Tap Chat history to see the previous chat messages for the meeting on the display screen in the room. You can only see chat messages on the display. You cannot use the touchscreen to respond.
Tap Settings to see the following options:
|Audio||To change the microphone or speaker, tap the Down arrow and select the one you want.|
|Video||To select a camera, tap the Down arrow and select a camera from the list.|
To turn live captions or spoken feedback on or off, tap On or Off next to the setting.
Tip: You can turn spoken feedback on and off at any time. Using 2 fingers, touch and hold any area of the screen for 2 seconds. To select specific items on the screen, such as a button, touch and hold the item with one finger and tap with another.
To send feedback about your experience, in the top-right corner of the screen, tap Feedback .