You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting. While you present, you can share information such as documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more.
- When using Google Workspace you can hold large remote events.
- Workspace organizations with admin capabilities can switch this feature on or off for the entire organization.
Present during a meeting
Tip: There can be a maximum of up to 10 simultaneous presentations in a meeting at a time.
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom, click Present now .
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or A tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, select the tab you want to present, click Share this tab instead.
- Click Share.
- Optional: To unpin your presentation and view it as a tile, click Unpin . You can now see more participants while you present.
- If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
- For better presentations and to prevent mirroring, share a new window or a specific tab instead of the meeting window.
- To share your audio, you must select Share a Chrome tab or Share this tab.
- In the Meet window, click Stop Presenting.
- At the bottom right, click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- At the bottom, click Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or Chrome Tab.
- Select Present instead.
Tip: If you start to present during someone else's presentation, their presentation will pause.
Important: You must use a computer and a Chrome browser to present directly to Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
You can present directly to Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides. This can make it easier to present a document, sheet, or slides to a meeting you are attending. Before you present, join the meeting to know if it is being recorded.
- Join a Google Meet video meeting.
- Open a file in Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- At the top, click Meet .
- Choose an option:
- To present to a scheduled meeting, click the meeting name you want to join.
- To present to a meeting with a meeting code, click Use a meeting code, then enter a code.
- Click Just present this tab.
- Important: If you don't already have a meeting open and you click Just present this tab, you will present your file but won't be able to view the Google Meet video meeting in the file tab. To view your document, spreadsheet, or presentation and the Google Meet video meeting in one tab while you present, follow the steps to join a video meeting from Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Select the tab you are in.
- To share a tab, click Share.
- Important: When you present a tab from your document, spreadsheet, or presentation, you can’t change which tab you present. To switch between tabs while you present, you can present from Google Meet instead.
- Back in Meet, view your presented content directly in the meeting.
Join only to present
When you join to present, only your computer's window or application is displayed in the meeting. No audio or other video is sent or received.
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
Important: To use this feature, you must turn on Host Management.
Meeting hosts can stop participants from sharing their screen. If you turn presentations off in recurring meetings or meetings that use the same meeting code, the setting are saved for the next scheduled meeting. If you turn presentations off in a one-time, nicknamed, or instant meeting, the presentation setting turns on after the meeting ends.
To turn screen share on or off:
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom right, click Host controls .
- From the side panel that opens, toggle Share their screen on or off.
Tip: If you can't turn the setting on or off, you might need to turn off a Chrome extension for Meet. Learn how to install and manage extensions.