In-house and Cross Domain live streaming is available with these Google Workspace Editions:
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Plus
- Enterprise Standard
- Education Plus: This is available to users with a "Staff" or "Student" license.
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade: This is available to users with a “Teaching and Learning Upgrade” license.
If live streaming is on for your work or school account, you can let people in your organization watch your video meetings. With Cross Domain live streaming, admins can also allow up to 50 different Trusted Workspace sub-domains to join their live streams. The maximum number of live stream viewers depends on your Google Workspace edition.
Who can view a live stream
Only guests in your organization can watch live streams. If your admin turns on Cross Domain live streaming, then guests in your organization and in Trusted Workspace domains can watch. All participants in your organization can stop and start the stream during the meeting, and record the event. Guests who join as “view-only” can’t participate in the meeting or control streaming and recording.
Tip: Live stream organizers will see a viewer count at the top of their screen. The live stream counter will show every new viewer until the first 100 users. After 100 users, it will round to the nearest 5.Supported Meet browsers
You can use these browsers to view live stream meetings:
- Chrome Browser
- Microsoft® Edge®
- Mozilla® Firefox®
- Apple® Safari®
- Real-time employee and staff training
- Academic information with students
- Conference materials that can’t be shared in person
- Organization-wide presentations with multiple presenters
- Guests may be designated as view-only
Important: For the best viewing experience, use a computer.
To watch live streamed events on your mobile device’s web browser, tap the meeting link. You don’t need the Meet app.
On your mobile device, you cannot schedule, start, or stop a Meet event. Use Calendar or Meet on a computer.
View your live stream report
After a live stream, the meeting organizer receives an email with a Google Sheets report. Learn how to view your live stream report.
- Troubleshoot issues with live streaming
- Troubleshoot issues for live stream organizers
- Use hardware to live stream video meetings
- Hold large remote events - Google Workspace Learning Center
- Tips for video meetings - Google Workspace Learning Center