Start a new video meeting
Schedule a video meeting from Google Calendar:
It's easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link and dial-in number (if you are a Google Workspace user) is added to a Calendar event either by inviting one or more guests to the event, or by clicking Add conferencing.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request. For meetings organized by a personal Google Account, only the meeting creator can admit these participants.
Steps are as follows:
- In Calendar, create an event.
- Click Add guests and enter the names or email of the people you want to invite.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to notify guests.
Schedule a video meeting from Microsoft® Outlook®:
To schedule a meeting with Outlook®, go to Add Meet video meetings to Outlook.
Schedule a video meeting in another scheduling system:
- Start a video meeting from Gmail or Meet (steps below).
- Copy the meeting details to an event created in your scheduling system.
For Google Workspace users (using Meet with a work or school account)
- Go to Google Meet.
- Click Join or Start a meeting.
- Optional: Create a nickname for your meeting and enter the nickname. Click Continue.
- Click Join now.
- To add someone to a meeting, choose an option:
- Click Copy joining info and paste the meeting details into an email or another app.
- Click Add people and choose an option:
- Under the Invite section, select a name, or enter an email address and click Send invite.
- Under the Call section, enter a phone number and press Call .
For users using Meet with a personal account
- Go to Google Meet.
- If you have a meeting code, enter a code in the “Enter meeting code” field click Join.
- If you want to start a new meeting, click New Meeting.
- Choose an option:
- Get a Meeting Link to share: This will generate a meeting link which you can share to meet now or later. Copy and paste the meeting link into a browser, or type the code into the “Enter meeting code” field click Join.
- Start an instant meeting: Creates a meeting that you join now.
- Schedule in Google Calendar: To schedule a meeting, you will be directed to Google Calendar.