Add Meet video meetings to Outlook
You and your users can add a Hangouts Meet video meeting to an Microsoft® Outlook® event or email using the Hangouts Meet add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
Participants inside your organization can join by clicking the video meeting link in the Outlook event.
Participants outside of your organization can request to join the meeting. After the meeting starts, you can invite additional users to the video meeting.
Before you begin
- A G Suite Account with Meet turned on for your organization.
- Microsoft® Office 365®, Exchange Online®, or an on-premises Exchange version that supports Mailbox API requirement set 1.4.
- A computer using Outlook 2013 or 2016 for Windows®, Outlook 2016 for Mac®, or Outlook online.
- Mobile devices
- Any Outlook client connected to an Outlook account without Exchange.
- On the Office toolbar, in the Add-ins section, click Store.
- Search for Hangouts Meet.
- Follow the instructions to install the add-in.
Create an event
After you install the add-in, you’ll see a Meet icon in an Outlook email or calendar event.
To add a Meet video meeting:
- Click the Meet icon.
- If prompted, sign in with your G Suite account.
The joining information for the video meeting is added to your email or calendar invitation.
- Add guests to an Outlook calendar event.
- Invite them during the video meeting. For details, see Invite people to an existing meeting.
- If your organization and the guest uses Hangouts Meet hardware, you can send guests the video meeting code.
FAQI don't have G Suite. Can I use the Meet add-in for Microsoft Outlook?
No. You must have a G Suite account to use the Meet add-in for Outlook.
Non-G Suite customers can join video meetings that they’re invited to and they don’t need the add-in to join. For details, see Invite people to an existing meeting.
Yes. Users outside of your organization can request to join and are added to the meeting after they’re accepted by a participant in the meeting. For details, see Invite people to an existing meeting.
- In Outlook, right-click the ribbon click Customize the Ribbon.
- Under Home, select the Hangouts group and click Remove.
Yes. See Requirements.