Join from a third-party system
If your organization allows it, you can join a Hangouts Meet video meeting from a third-party conferencing system, such as Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, Sony, or others. Ask your G Suite administrator for help with third-party compatibility.
- In Calendar, open the event.
- Select More joining options.
- Select Third-party systems.
- Follow the instructions to join from your system.
What you can’t do
If you join from a third-party system, you can’t use Meet to control functions, such your camera or microphone. Instead, use the third-party controls.
For example, you can’t take the following actions from your third-party system:
- See or write in-meeting chat.
- Start or stop Meet recordings.
- Admit or block other participants.
- Mute or unmute other participants.
Other Meet participants cannot mute your room.