Join a video meeting
You can join a scheduled meeting in Hangouts Meet from a calendar event, from a link, or with a meeting code. You can also dial in from your phone if the invitation includes a phone number. On an Apple® iPhone® or iPad®, you can also join from the lock screen or using Apple® 3D Touch®.
If you weren’t included in another organization's Calendar event for the meeting, you can still select the meeting link, but a participant from that organization must approve your request. Users who are not signed into a G Suite account must also be approved.
The same Meet code and phone number are used to join recurring Google Calendar events.
You're automatically muted if you join a meeting:
- As the sixth participant or later on the web or mobile apps
- As the 10th participant or later using a phone
- With your phone volume at the lowest setting
Join from a calendar event
- In Calendar, open the event.
- To join the meeting, tap the Join video call link.
Join a scheduled meeting from Meet
- Open the Hangouts Meet app.
- Swipe up from the bottom to view your scheduled meetings.
- Select a meeting from the list and tap Join.
Tap the meeting link URL
- Tap the meeting link sent to you via text or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join.
For example, someone in the meeting can send the meeting details in a text or email.
If you weren’t included in another organization's Calendar event for the meeting, a participant from that organization must approve your request. You must also be approved if you are not signed into a G Suite account.
Enter the meeting code
You can join a meeting by entering the meeting code, which is the unique code at the end of the meeting link. For example, abc-defg-hjk. The ‘-’ characters are optional.
- Open the Hangouts Meet app.
- Tap Add .
- Enter the meeting code or nickname. To start your own meeting, enter a nickname or leave it blank.
- Tap Go.
- If you’re signed in to your G Suite account, click Join.
- If you’re not signed in to a G Suite account, enter your name and click Ask to join meeting.
- Tap Add Your Room and enter the room name if your organization has purchased and installed a Google meeting room hardware device. You can also enter the code into that device.
- To join a meeting hosted by another organization, you must enter the full URL (which includes the meeting code). For example https://meet.google.com/abcdefghjk.
- If you weren’t included in another organization's Calendar event for the meeting, a participant from that organization must approve your request. You must also be approved if you are not signed into a G Suite account.
Dial in using a phone
If the meeting includes a dial-in number, you can tap the phone number included in the Calendar event or meeting invite for audio-only access.
- Open the Calendar event or meeting invite.
- Tap the phone number.
- If prompted, enter the PIN, and press #.
- Press *6 to mute or unmute your phone. You can also decrease the device volume to the lowest setting.
- The PIN is automatically entered if you tap the phone number from the Meet or Calendar app.
- Meetings created by all G Suite users include a U.S. dial-in number.
- A More phone numbers option is also displayed for meetings created by G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education users. This option includes additional international phone numbers based on your mobile device’s location or the location of the event organizer. If your country is not yet supported, then the next best alternative is shown.
- Dial-in participants count toward the maximum meeting limit.
- If your organization has the G Suite Enterprise edition, a dial-in phone number is included for all meetings, unless disabled by your administrator. Anyone can join using the number, even if they are in a different organization or have a different G Suite edition.
- If you dial in to a meeting using a phone and you’re the 10th participant or later, you’re automatically muted.
- Your name is shown in the meeting if found in the organizer's corporate directory. Otherwise, your partial phone number is displayed.
- Participants should always verify that a dial-in user is the correct person to ensure the caller ID was not spoofed.
- You will be notified if someone in the call mutes you. Press *6 to unmute.
- Regular call charges apply.