Select your calling account and verify your phone number.
- For Business and EDU users, your admin controls calling functionality through the Additional Google Services toggle. EDU users under age 18 don't have access to calling functionality. Learn how admins manage access to services.
- People who know your phone number can reach you across Google services. You can manage phone numbers associated with your Google Account in your Google Account settings.
Select your calling account
If your device pre-loads Google Accounts, select the account that you want to make calls with.
- Allow Meet access to:
- Your microphone and camera
- Your contacts for calling
- Your device's notifications
If you choose to use Meet without a Google Account, enter and verify your phone number.
- If you have a verified phone number but no Google Account, you can make and receive calls but not create, schedule or join meetings.
Verify your phone number
- To use Meet on a mobile device with a SIM, you must verify your phone number.
- If you are on a tablet device or a mobile device without a SIM and choose to not add a phone number, you can only make and receive calls using your Google Account.
To verify a phone number:
- Enter your phone number on your iOS device.
- Tap Agree.
- If the number that you have entered is already associated with a Google Account then it will be automatically verified. If not, Google Meet will text a code to the number that you have entered.
- Operator text message rates may apply.
- Enter the code that you receive in the text message.
- If you:
- Don't receive a text message, tap Resend SMS.
- Have a mobile connection but don't get the SMS, tap Call me.
- If you are still having problems, visit this verification troubleshooting article.