- For Business and EDU users, your admin controls calling functionality through the Additional Google Services toggle. EDU users under age 18 don't have access to calling functionality. Learn how admins manage access to services.
- People who know your phone number can reach you across Google services. You can manage phone numbers associated with your Google Account in your Google Account settings.
Select your calling account
If your device pre-loads Google Accounts, select the Account you want to make calls with.
- Allow Meet access to:
- Your microphone and camera
- Your contacts for calling
- Your device's notifications
If you choose to use Meet without a Google Account, enter and verify your phone number.
- If you have a verified phone number but no Google Account, you can make and receive calls but not create, schedule, or join meetings.
Verify your phone number
- To use Meet on a mobile device with a SIM, you must verify your phone number.
- If you are on a tablet device or a mobile device without a SIM and choose to not add a phone number, you can make and receive calls using only your Google account.
To verify a phone number:
- Enter your phone number on your Android device.
- Tap Agree.
- If the number you entered is already associated with a Google account then it will be automatically verified. If not, Google Meet texts a code to the number you enter.
- Carrier text message rates may apply.
- Enter the code you receive in the text message.
- If you:
- Don't receive a text message, tap Resend SMS.
- Have a cell connection but don’t get the SMS, tap Call me.
- Still have problems, visit the verification troubleshooting article.