Start a meeting
Start a meeting from a browser, a mobile phone, or create a Calendar event that includes a video meeting link.
- Not all users are allowed to create meetings, which requires a G Suite account. Your administrator must also turn on Meet for your organization. Learn more
- Anyone inside or outside your organization can join by selecting the link or entering the meeting ID. You can meet with up to 25 (G Suite Basic and Business) or 30 (G Suite Enterprise) people at a time.
- If uninvited guests outside your organization try to join, a meeting participant from your organization must approve access.
Schedule a meeting in Google Calendar
All new calendar events you create include a meeting link.
- Go to Calendar and create an event. Learn more
- In the Guests field, add guests from inside or outside your organization.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to add the meeting link and notify guests.
Tip: A phone number is also added to the video meeting if your organization has the G Suite Enterprise edition and the call-in feature is enabled by your administrator. Anyone can use the phone number to dial in to the video meeting. Learn more
Start a video meeting from your web browser
Start a quick meeting and send the link to others asking them to join.
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com/.
- Click Start a new meeting.
- Click Start meeting.
- Click Copy info to copy the meeting link details, and share it with people you want to invite.
Note: You can send the meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization needs to give them access to the video meeting.
Start a video call from classic Hangouts chat
- Start or join a classic Hangouts chat.
- Click Video call .
- You’ll see a refreshed video call experience.