You can use Google Meet to live stream a meeting publicly to YouTube.
This feature is currently available to the following Workspace editions:
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus
- Teaching and learning upgrade
- Workspace Individual subscriber
- Google One subscribers with 2 TB or more storage space
Prerequisites to using this feature
To live stream:
- The YouTube channel must be approved for live streaming in advance. It can take up to 24 hours to get approval. Learn how to get started with live streaming.
- The YouTube channel that you have access permission to must be connected to an ongoing meeting. Learn how to add or remove access to your YouTube channel.
- The participants who have access permission to the connected YouTube channels are the ones who can start the live stream from Meet.
- If host management is off: Anyone in the hosts' organisation can initiate a live stream.
- If host management is on: Only the hosts and co-hosts can initiate a live stream.
Tip: For a seamless experience, it is recommended that you promote the participant to a co-host who wants to initiate a live stream.
To live stream as an initiator:
- Dial into the meeting with the same email address connected to the YouTube channels that you want to stream to.
- Dial in to a meeting from a laptop or desktop device, as initiating a live stream via a mobile device is currently not possible.
- Unless you are a Workspace Individual or a Google One Premium Subscriber, your Workspace admin needs to turn this feature on for your organisation before you can use it. Learn how to turn live streaming to YouTube on or off.
Start or create a YouTube live stream from Meet
- In a Google Meet call, from the bottom right, click Activities .
- Select Live streaming Stream with YouTube.
- On the 'Event info' panel, select the channel that you want to stream to, then click Select an event or create a new event.
- If you create a new event, enter the following details:
- Event title
- Privacy level
- The language for captions displayed on YouTube
- Review YouTube's Terms of Service.
- Click Start streaming.
- From the panel, copy the live stream link.
- Share the link with anyone that you want to attend your YouTube live stream.
- To end the live stream, click Stop streaming.
- You can't pause a YouTube live stream that has been initiated from Meet. You can end a live stream and create another one from within the same meeting.
- The streamed video from Meet might be uploaded to YouTube and be accessible to users for later viewing. If necessary, the channel owner can delete the video after the meeting.