Here's how to troubleshoot common joining and creating issues.
Can't create or join a Meet video meeting
To create a new Meet video meeting or add a link in a Google Calendar event, you must be signed in to a Google Account. Adding a link to a Google Calendar event is only available for users who have access to Google Calendar.
If you can join a Meet video meeting but cannot create or add Meet video meetings, your administrator might need to turn on meetings for your organisation. Ask your administrator for more information.
Can't join or create meetings from chat conversations
If the meeting is turned off for your organisation, you cannot join or create any Chat meetings. Ask your administrator for help.
Scheduled meetings don't display
- If you open Google Meet but don't find any scheduled meetings, you might not have any scheduled meetings. Only meetings scheduled through Google Calendar will show up on meet.google.com or in your Meet app.
- Make sure that you're signed in to your Google Workspace account for work or school or your personal Google Account. Make sure that you can check your Gmail on the same device or computer.
Why is 'Your meeting is full' displayed?
You can meet a maximum number of people according to your Google Workspace edition.
- Business Starter, Frontline, Education Fundamentals, G Suite Basic: 100 participants
- Business Standard, Enterprise Essentials, Essentials, G Suite Business, Google Workspace for Nonprofits: 150 participants
- Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus: 500 participants
Tip: The limits are for the number of device connections. Multiple people can join from a conference room or a shared device.
Important: Meetings created by a personal Google Account have a limit of 100 participants.
For more information, go to Compare Google Workspace editions.
Why is a network problem displayed?
If a network transport timeout or firewall error is displayed, your group's network might not be configured for meetings. For example, a required UDP and TCP port might be blocked.
Contact your Google Workspace or network administrators and ask them to optimise your network for Google Meet.
Meet is showing the wrong time
To change the time displayed in Meet, change your Google Calendar time zone setting.
A dial-in number is missing or for a different country
Important: Meet Global Dialling is available for meetings created by Google Workspace users.
- All Google Workspace invitations include a US phone number.
- Some editions include additional numbers at no charge.
- With Meet Global Dialling, Google Workspace accounts have access to numbers from additional countries. Phone charges may apply.
- Calendar and Meet use your location to recommend a dial-in number.
- If the location and time settings on your computer and Calendar are different, you may get different dial-in numbers on your device and in the Calendar invitation.
- To check if your country is supported, go to Supported countries for dialling into a meeting.
A dial-in number is not listed on my meeting
Important: This feature is currently available for meetings created by Google Workspace users.
If your administrator turns on the dial-in feature for Google Meet, all Google Workspace editions include a US phone number. G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, Google Workspace for Education Plus, Essentials, Business Starter, Frontline, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard and Enterprise Plus also support international numbers in Meet video meetings. Regular call charges apply.
Anyone can use the number to dial in, including external users and people using other Google Workspace editions.
To find out if your country is supported, go to Supported countries for dialling in to a meeting.
- Turn Meet on (Google Workspace administrators)
- Google Meet training and help