Automatically make your own Street View when you take your camera on a drive, ride or walk. Video mode will record a video which will be converted into Street View when you publish it. Data about your location will be used to geotag and position your recording on the map.
- Video mode is only available for some Street View-ready cameras which are also compatible with the Android version of the Street View app.
- Only outdoor videos can be converted into Street View. This is because indoor videos typically cannot register the correct GPS information.
- When you publish your recording, it will first be copied to your phone. The download time may take one to two times the length of the video.
- Make sure you have enough storage on your phone (a five-minute recording will use approximately 2.5GB of space).
Use Video mode to make Street View photos
- Set up and connect your phone and 360 camera.
- Tap the blue linked camera .
- Swipe left to select Video mode and tap Video camera .
- Tap Video camera when you want to stop recording.
- You’ll see a notification that Recording is complete, along with a summary of the recording stats. You’ll have an option to Delete this recording from the camera after download.
- Tap Download Now.
- You’ll see a notification that downloading has begun and a progress circle. This transfers the imagery to your phone and the Street View app.
- Tap on the Private tab to see your recording.
- Tap Upload .
- Tap Publish. Depending on the size of the file, this may take some time. The publishing time may be one to three times the length of the video. Note: Your network bandwidth will also affect processing time. We recommend uploading when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- The images will need some time to be processed and will be available in your profile soon after publishing. Connections between individual 360 photos will appear within 24 hours of completed publishing.
- 360 videos use large amounts of storage. One way to clear storage is to select the 'Delete after download' checkbox when downloading video through the Street View app.
- To delete images off the Ricoh Theta V camera, download the Ricoh Theta app.
- If you haven’t chosen to delete the video from your phone, it will appear in your phone’s gallery. You can publish it on YouTube.
- When you are looking at a collection in the Street View app, only ten 360 photos will be visible at a time: zoom in to see more.
- Longer recordings will be split into separate parts. This allows you to copy parts of the recording to your phone for publishing even if you don't have enough storage to hold the full-length version.
- If you publish additional Street Views where some already exists, we will automatically determine the default collection for a street based on quality, resolution, and recency. You can also access your Street View by the direct link that you get from the Share button inside the Street View app, or you can use the Time Machine feature on Google Maps to find a collection from a specific date.