Make your own Street View collections when you take your camera on a drive, ride, or walk. Your recorded video is converted into Street View when you publish it. Data about your location is used to geotag and position your recording on the map.
Tip: Only outdoor videos can be converted into Street View. Indoor collections usually can’t log accurate GPS information. For more on how to collect your own Street View, see Tips for capturing 360 videos for Street View.
Publish with Street View Studio
- Navigate to Street View Studio on desktop or mobile.
- On the left, click Upload.
- Select or drag-and-drop your 360 video.
- Only .mp4 and .mov files are currently supported.
- Most 360 cameras add metadata to your video file, including GPS data. If your 360 camera outputs this information into a separate .gpx file instead, at the bottom right, click More and select Upload GPX file.
- Click OK.
- A progress bar will appear in the bottom right corner where you can track your upload.
- If you accidentally close the website while an upload is in progress, select the same file to start the upload from where it left off.
- Once the upload is complete, it may take several days for it to get processed.
- Review your video.
Publish with the Street View app
- Make sure your Street View-ready camera is compatible with the Android version of the Street View app.
- Connect your phone to your 360 camera.
- In the "Create" tab, select your camera.
- Swipe left to select Video mode.
- To start and stop recording, tap the Camera .
- Once the recording is complete, you receive a notification with a summary of the recording stats. You can delete this recording from the camera after download.
- After recording is complete, tap Download Now. You’ll receive a notification that the download has begun.
- To view your recording, tap on the Profile tab.
- Tap Publish. The publishing time may be up to 3 times the length of the video.
Tip: Your network bandwidth affects processing time. Upload when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
After the images are processed, they are available in your profile. Connections between individual 360 photos appear after 4 days or longer from completed publishing.
- When you publish your collection with the Street View app, it’s copied to your phone. The download time may be up to twice the length of the video.
- Make sure you have enough storage on your phone. A five-minute recording uses around 2.5 GB of space.
- 360 videos need a lot of storage space. One way to clear storage is to select the "Delete after download" checkbox once you download through the Street View app.
- Your video will be in your phone’s gallery if you haven’t deleted it yet. You can publish it on YouTube.
- To delete images off the Ricoh Theta V camera, download the Ricoh Theta app.
- When you look at a collection in the Street View app, only 10 360 photos are visible at a time. To find more, zoom in.
- Long recordings are split into separate parts. If you don't have enough storage to hold the full-length version, you can copy parts of the recording to your phone for publishing.
- If you publish Street View content where content already exists, Google automatically determines the default collection based on quality, resolution, and recency. You can always access your Street View with the link from the Share button in the Street View app. You can also use the Time Machine feature on Google Maps to find a collection from a specific date.