Suggest edits to a place or flag it for removal
If the information about a place in Google Maps is inaccurate, you can let us know.
Change a place’s name or other details
You can add or edit info about a place, like the:
- Marker location
- Hours or other facts
Remove a place
You can also flag a place that:
- Is permanently closed
- Has moved to a new location
- Doesn’t exist (a place that either no longer exists or has never existed)
- Is a private place or home (a place that shouldn't be displayed, like someone’s home)
- Is spam, fake or offensive (a fake business or a place with offensive content that shouldn't be displayed)
- Is a duplicate (a place that’s a copy of another Google Maps place)
- You can only suggest an edit in some countries and regions.
- Learn how to edit info about a business you own.
- If you think something should be removed for legal reasons, submit a legal request.
Suggest an edit
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a place or tap it on the map.
- Scroll down and select Suggest an edit.
- Follow the instructions.
- Tap Send .
Note: If someone submits an edit for a place, you might see the edit. If you’re familiar with the place, tell us if the edit is right or wrong by tapping on the suggested edit. Your feedback will help Google Maps decide if the place's information should be changed.
How long it takes for corrections to be published
We review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.
What makes a good edit
Use the official name of a place, the one used on the storefront or website. Don’t add any extra comments in the name field.
Enter a known address. If Maps suggests an address that’s incomplete, add additional details in the address.
When you move a marker, make sure you zoom in far enough and switch to satellite view. This will help you see buildings and move the marker on the building where the place is.
Use specific categories when describing a place. For example, use "Clothing store" instead of "Store".
Enter the hours a place is open. You can add different hours for different days of the week.
Use the primary phone number. Check that the number you suggested is correct first.
Use the official website. Don’t include links to social networking sites, review aggregators, or other similar websites.