Blur or remove 360 photos with the Street View app
You can blur parts of your 360 photos to hide details such as faces or license plates. If there are people or information that you don’t have permission to show in your photo, we recommend you blur these elements to respect others’ privacy.
If Google is the owner of the photo, you can request blurring or report the photo, as long as it contains:
- Your face, home, or other identifying information without your consent.
- Anything that violates the Google-contributed Street View privacy policies.
- If Google doesn’t own the photo, the photo owner is responsible for blurring the photo before publishing it. If you think that someone else has published a photo of you that violates the Maps User Contributed Content Policy, report the photo using the instructions below.
- After a photo is blurred and published, the blur can’t be removed from the photo.
Blur your photos
Blurring your photos isn’t available on your computer. To blur your photos, use the Street View app.
Request blurring or removal of a photo
- Open Google Maps or the Street View gallery.
- Find and open the 360 photo that violates the Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies .
- In the bottom right, click Report a problem.
- Complete the form.
- Click Submit.