You can find info and get things done with your Google Assistant while you drive. Ask it questions and tell it to do things in Google Maps so you can focus on the road.
Note: This feature isn't available in all languages and countries/regions.
Talk to your Google Assistant
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Navigate to a place.
- Tap the microphone .
- Ask the Google Assistant to help with something.
Important: Google Assistant is not currently available for CarPlay.
What you can ask your Google Assistant
Tip: For web answers, you'll be able to get more info by opening the Google Assistant app.
- 'I'm feeling lucky'
- 'What's the weather like?' or 'How's the weather in London?'
- 'When's my next meeting?'
- 'Where is [contact name]?'
Travel and nearby places
- 'Petrol stations nearby'
- “When does [name of place] close?”
- "Show route overview" or "Show alternative routes"
Directions and navigation
- "What’s my next turn?" or “Next step”
- “How long until I get there?”
- "How's traffic to home?"
- "Show traffic" or "Hide traffic"
- "Show satellite view" or "Hide satellite view"
- "Avoid tolls" or "Allow tolls"
- "Mute voice guidance” or “Unmute voice guidance”
- “Show list of directions”
- "Avoid motorways" or "Allow motorways"
- “What’s my destination?” or “How far is my destination?”
- "Exit navigation"
- “Where am I?”
- “Are we there yet?”
You can also ask the Google Assistant for info and help with everyday tasks. Learn what else you can ask.