What you can ask the Google Assistant on your phone
You can ask your Google Assistant for information and for help with everyday tasks.
Start a conversation
- On your phone, touch & hold the Home button or say "Ok Google."
- To type instead of talk, tap Type .
Examples of what you can ask
To get ideas, ask "What can you do?" Your Assistant can help you:
Get local info
- Weather: What’s the weather today?
- Food: Find pizza restaurants nearby.
- Business hours: Is Walgreens still open?
- Navigation: Navigate home.
- Calls: Call Mom. Call Bob on speaker phone. Make a video call.
- SMS: Text Mike "See you at 5."
- Emails: Send an email.
- WhatsApp: Send a WhatsApp message to Sam.
Plan your day
- Alarms: Wake me up at 7 a.m.
- Traffic: How’s the traffic to work?
- Reminders: Remind me to do laundry when I get home. Remind me to call Mom every Sunday.
- Flights: Is United flight 1463 on time?
- Make reservations: Make a reservation for two at Cascal next week.
See photos & media
- Photos: Show my pictures of the beach.
- Music: Play some Jazz music. Next song.
- YouTube: Watch a cute puppy video on YouTube.
- Game updates: Who won the Warriors game?
- Calculations: What’s 20% of 80?
- Dictionary: What does "gregarious" mean?
- Translations: How do I say "Nice to meet you" in French?
- Search: Search for summer vacation ideas.
- Image search: Find pictures of kittens.
- Web answer: How do you remove wine stains from a rug?
Control your smart home
- Lights: Dim the living room lights.
- Thermostats: Set the heat to 70. Lower the temperature 2 degrees.
Get around your phone
- Change settings: Turn on WiFi. Increase the volume. Decrease the brightness.
- Control your phone: Turn on the flashlight.
- Find things in your apps: Search for tablets on Amazon. Search for Kanye West on Twitter.
- Get to know your Assistant: Do you dream? What's your favorite color?
- Games: Let’s play a game. Give me a trivia question.
- Entertainment: Tell me a joke. Tell me something interesting.