You can find info and get things done with your Google Assistant while you drive. Ask it questions and tell it to do things in Google Maps so you can focus on the road.
Note: This feature isn't available in all languages and countries/regions.
Talk to your Google Assistant
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app . If you haven't used Google Assistant yet, set up the Google Assistant.
- Navigate to a place, or say, 'OK Google, navigate home'.
- In navigation mode, say 'OK Google' or tap the Assistant microphone .
- Ask the Google Assistant to help with something.
What you can ask your Google Assistant
- 'Call Mum'
- 'Send a text to Larry' or 'Send an SMS to Sergey'
- 'I'm feeling lucky'
- 'What's the weather like?' or 'How's the weather in London?'
- 'Play some jazz' or 'Stop playing music'
- 'When's my next meeting?'
- 'Where is [contact name]?'
Travel and nearby places
- 'What road is this?'
- 'Petrol stations nearby'
- “When does [name of place] close?”
- "Show route overview" or "Show alternative routes"
- 'Restaurants nearby'
Directions and navigation
- "What’s my next turn?" or “Next step”
- 'How long until I get there?'
- 'How's traffic ahead?' or 'How's traffic to home?'
- 'Show traffic' or 'Hide traffic'
- "Show satellite view" or "Hide satellite view"
- "Avoid tolls" or "Allow tolls"
- "Mute voice guidance” or “Unmute voice guidance”
- “Show list of directions”
- "Avoid motorways" or "Allow motorways"
- “What’s my destination?” or “How far is my destination?”
- "Exit navigation"
- “Where am I?”
- “Are we there yet?”
You can also ask the Google Assistant for info and help with everyday tasks. Learn what else you can ask.