This article can help you find solutions to errors you may encounter in Maps.
Important: You can only help us correct an error in Maps in some countries and regions.
Add or edit information about places
You can publicly add missing places like public landmarks, coffee shops, or other local businesses to the map. Learn more about adding a missing place in maps.
You can add or edit information about a place or business, like the name, address, hours or other facts. Learn more about adding or editing information about a place.
Add or fix addresses
You can publicly add or edit mailing addresses, fix where packages should be delivered, or adjust pin locations. Learn more about fixing addresses here.
Add or fix a road
If we need to add roads to Google Maps or something on the map isn’t right, you can tell us.
Remove an incorrect or fraudulent listing
You can flag businesses or the names of place for impersonation or offensive, fake, spam, or inappropriate content.
Tip: For legal issues, such as copyright or trademark disputes, submit a report.
- Open Google Maps .
- Find the place you want to flag for review.
- Select the place Suggest an edit Remove this place.
- Choose the reason the place should be removed.
- Select Submit.
Report a Street View issue
To report an image that should be censored or can be found offensive:
- Locate the image.
- Tap More Report a problem.
- Select the issue and tap Submit.
- We'll review your report promptly.
Flag inappropriate reviews and photos
See your edits and understand their status
On your phone or tablet, you can see a list of edits and places you’ve added on Google Maps. Your edits are only visible to you. Some places that you’ve added and are showing up as approved, might not give you Local Guide points if someone already added the same place before you.
Other troubleshooting options
- To tell us a location is missing from Google Maps, learn how to add a missing place.
- To update your business in Google Maps, you can edit the business listing.
- Learn how to set or change your address in Google Maps.