Edit a line or multiple lines
Because a linear feature is usually composed of multiple segments, you can edit individual segments as well as the entire feature.
Edit a segment
- Zoom-in to the segment you want to edit.
- Right-click on the map and select "Find near this point" from the drop-down.
- Select the segment you want to change.
- Click Edit and then select "Edit this segment" from the drop-down.
- Update the information in the left panel. Changing the attributes of any segment does not change the attributes of the entire line. To update multiple attributes see “Edit multiple road or trail segments” as explained below.
- Edit the name of specific segment(s) by using the Select Road Segments tool.
- Click Save.
Unlink a segment
To unlink a segment from a line:
- Open the segment editing window.
- Drag the endpoint of the segment to the correct location.
- Click Unlink segment to the notification prompt. See image:
Note: Do not use this option if you want to align the road segments, instead move intersection to the correct location.
Edit the entire feature
- Find and select the line feature you want to edit.
- Select Edit and click Edit Entire “feature name” from the drop-down.
- Edit the geometry of the feature and update the information in the left panel.
- Click Save.
Note: If part of the route has an alternate name, please use the Select Road Segment tool to add the name in that route.
Edit multiple road or trail segments
- Select Edit on the top left of the viewport and click Select Road Segmentsfrom the drop-down.
- Click on segments to select or deselect for editing.
- Drag the green markers to extend selection.
- Once the segment is selected, click Next to proceed to further editing options.
- Edit the segments:
- Select Edit road attributes to edit attributes of a long stretch of a road.
- Edit road names.
- Convert to trail - Learn more about when to convert a road into a trail.
- Once done, click Save.