Use the age group
[age_group] attribute to set the demographic that your product is designed for.
When you use this attribute, your ad can appear in results that are filtered by age. For example, if results are filtered by Women instead of Girls. The age group
[age_group] can also work together with the gender
[gender]to help ensure that users see the correct size information:
When to use
Recommended for all products that vary by age
These are the supported values you can choose from:
- Up to 3 months old. Newborn sizes are often identified by the age range in months (0–3) or just “newborn.”
- 3–12 months old. Infant sizes are often identified by the age range in months (3–12).
- 1–5 years old. Toddler sizes are often identified by the age range in months (12–24) or years (1–5).
- 5–13 years old. All sizes within this age group have been manufactured to fit a child in that age range.
- Typically teens or older. All sizes within this age group have been manufactured to fit an adult or teen.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure we understand the data you're submitting.
|File format||Example value|
Follow these guidelines to make sure you submit high-quality data for your products.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to upload data for your products. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove this attribute and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Manufacturer Center account.
- Submit one of the supported values. This attribute doesn't have a default value, so if you don't submit it, no value will be used.
- Submit an accurate age group
[age_group]for all products that vary by age group. Use this attribute when your product is a variant that’s distinguished by its age group (e.g. shoes for 0–3 months and shoes for 1–5 years), and also submit each variant with the same value for the item group id [
These are best practices that can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Submit the age group as adult
[adult]for items that are not only for children. Submitting an age group as adult
[adult]won't limit the search results that your product can appear for, and it doesn't mean that your product contains sexually suggestive content. If your product does contain sexually suggestive content, then use the adult
- Submit an accurate age group if your product varies by age, even if it is not a variant. If your product does vary by age group, submitting the correct age group will help ensure that your product is shown in the correct situations such as search results filtered by age. Do not submit age group for products that do not vary by age, such as automotive or home goods.
Products that vary by age group
- Bed Sheets
- Duvet Covers
- Nap Mats
- Pillowcases & Shams
- Quilts & Comforters
- Parasols & Umbrellas
- Pool Toys
- Water Floats & Loungers
- Night Lights & Ambient Lighting
- Piggy Banks & Money Jars
- Curtains & Drapes
- Throw Pillows
Sizes that vary by age group
To show users the correct size information, the age group is also used together with the