You can create, edit, and share notes with Google Keep.
Step 1: Download the Google Keep app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play app .
- Find the Google Keep app.
- Tap Install.
Step 2: Get started
You can create, edit, organize, and archive notes.
- Create or edit a note
- Make a list
- Save a drawing as a note
- Label, color, or pin notes
- Archive notes & lists
- Set up reminders for your notes
Use dual pane on tablets with large screens
On Android devices with large screens, you can use the Google Keep app in dual pane view. On the left pane, you’ll see your notes and lists. If you tap a note or list, it will open on the right pane.
To switch to full screen mode, at the top, tap Full screen . To switch to dual screen mode, at the top, tap Dual pane .
Important: Dual pane is available if your device screen is >840 dp and you use the Google Keep app in landscape mode.
Step 3: Share & work with others
To let someone see and edit your note, share the note with them. Learn how to share notes.
- Learn how to use Google Keep with your Google Assistant.
- To learn more about using Google Keep, download the Keep Cheat Sheet.