You can display your hotel availability and rates on Google Search, Maps, and other platforms, allowing your hotels to be prominently shown to the millions of travelers searching for hotel accommodations on Google every day.
By integrating your hotel availability and rates, you can promote your inventory with Google Hotel Ads, allowing you to:
- Attract lookers and bookers by engaging customers who are already browsing rich hotel photos and reviews or searching hotels in your city.
- Connect with new and returning customers and send them to your site to book directly.
Before beginning direct integration with Google, you should consider the following criteria to determine what to expect in the onboarding experience on the platform. We recommend working with an integration partner that is connected to Google if you anticipate that you may require dedicated technical resources for any of the steps below. Additionally, please review the Hotel Ads developers documentation for more technical details.
1. Set up your hotel list
- Partners can provide their list of property information by manually uploading a CSV or XML file via the Hotel Center platform.
Note: We recommend using this mode for fewer than 10,000 properties or a hotel list in one language.
- Partners can host their property list on a HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP server. Once partners provide the URL and authentication, Google will automatically fetch and ingest the latest file available at a regular cadence (typically once a week).
We recommend that partners keep the hotel list on Google in sync with their systems, especially for closed hotels & upcoming hotel openings. Partners are required to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the status of their hotels. They must ensure that information matches between the feed and the website at all times.
2. Determine how you'll update your hotel prices
- Set up a server to connect with Google and determine the best delivery mode. Once we're confident in our ability to connect with your service and can confirm the files are properly structured, we can increase the bandwidth to align production levels.
- Send Google an ARI (availability, rates, and inventory) feed that contains nightly rates with limits on stays, arrival, departure, etc. Contact us if you are interested in using this option.
Rich pricing data is important for users to see and recognize partners on Google. We strongly recommend you use all of these features below to improve your performance on Google:
- Set up a pricing system for your inventory that supports prices for itineraries up to the next year and supports length of stays up to a month. The more coverage you provide, the more eligible opportunities for ads to be displayed. Google will only query the itineraries that users are searching for within that window.
- Respond to live pricing when a user is waiting for a price on Google within 1 second.
- Provide pricing for up to 6 occupants (1-6 adults, 0-5 children) To show users room rates for different packages, rooms, or occupancies within a specific property, you can use room bundles.
- If relevant to your business, you can use conditional rates to vary your pricing for users of different countries, devices, or other categories.
- To show users on Google your unique membership rates, you can use private rates. You can also use audience lists (remarketing lists) from your platform.
3. Customize your landing pages
- Partners can follow the instructions in this Hotel Ads guide to construct dynamic landing page URLs, and manage and update Landing Page settings directly in Hotel Center.
- Landing pages should load in a reasonable time and appear fully functional. A page may be considered non-functional if content (such as images and descriptions), prices, or links fail to load. A page load time of 3 seconds or less is recommended for best user experience and optimizing conversion. Google will consider a page to be non-functional if a user is unable to interact with the page for more than 10 seconds. Learn more about our referral experience policy