Migrate hotel groups with automated bidding to campaigns
The simplest way to set up campaigns to replicate these bids is to create one campaign modeled after each hotel group.
To do so, you'll want to choose a hotel group to migrate, and create a new campaign in a paused state with a bid strategy and bid matching that hotel group. You'll then import your hotel groups to ad groups within that campaign. You'll then unpause the campaign.
Note: There is an account limit of 50 campaigns, so you may need to consolidate hotel groups before proceeding.
1. Find the hotel group you’d like to migrate
- Open the Hotel Ads Center in a browser.
- In the Dashboard, under the “View By” button, select Hotel Group.
- Review your list of hotel groups and identify the one you want to migrate. Note the bid strategy and bid of the hotel group.
2. Create a campaign in a paused state
- Click Dashboard, and under the "View By" button, select Campaign.
- Click the +Create Campaign button.
- Set "Name" something similar to the hotel group you are migrating, e.g. "Campaign_for_Group_A."
- Set "Geography" to match the targeting of your hotel group (i.e. exclude the countries which had zero bid multipliers.)
- Set "Bid Strategy" to match the hotel group you're migrating.
- Set "Base Bid" to match the default bid/target of the hotel group you're migrating.
- If the hotel group you're migrating used automatic bid multipliers:
- Check the Enhanced CPC option.
- Under “Campaign status,” choose Paused.
- Click Save.
3. Use Ad Group Editor to import your hotel group
- Click Dashboard in the navigation menu, and under the "View By" button, select Campaign.
- Click on the campaign you just created.
- Click Ad Group Editor in the navigation menu.
- Click the Import Hotel Groups button.
- Select the hotel group you’d like to import, then click Import.
- You’ll see a new ad group in your campaign that corresponds to the hotel group.
4. Pause the “Ungrouped” ad group
- Click Dashboard > View By > Campaign.
- Find the “Ungrouped” ad group in the table at bottom, and click on it.
- Under the “Status” button, select Paused. (Warning: If you don’t pause the “Ungrouped” ad group, all hotels in your campaign will serve. Only the ad group you migrated from a hotel group should have an “Active” status.)
5. Activate your campaign
- In “Campaign View,” use the Campaign Settings button to review campaign details such as bid and bid strategy. Make sure they match those of the hotel group you migrated.
- Unpause the campaign.
Repeat these steps for each hotel group that uses automated bidding.
Next: Migrate hotel groups with manual bids to campaigns with Enhanced CPC