Use bid multipliers for audience lists
When you use bid multipliers for audience lists, you can reach customers that may be more likely to convert on your Hotel Ads, such as loyalty program members, frequent customers, or customers who were recently shopping on your site. You may also want to target audience lists to market your hotel brand to a specific set of travelers.
Note: You can use bid multipliers for the following types of audience lists: website visitors, similar audiences, custom combination, and customer lists.
Before you begin
Audience bid multipliers are only available with campaigns, and work only with Max CPC and Enhanced CPC bidding strategies. Audience bid multipliers don't work with legacy account structures such as account bids and hotel group bids.
To bid on audience lists, you must:
- Have an audience list in Google Ads or create an audience list.
- Have an audience list that is owned by the Google Ads account you are linking to Hotel Ads Center.
- Link your Hotel Ads Center account to Google Ads, and have administrative access to your Google Ads account to accept the link request. Learn how to link your Hotel Ads and Google Ads accounts
Set audience bid multipliers for campaigns and ad groups
- Open Hotel Ads Center in a browser.
- Click on the Dashboard tab.
- Click on the campaign for which you'd like to bid on audience lists. You're now in "Campaign View."
- Click the Bid Multipliers button.
- Click Audience.
- Click Choose Audience List ID and select your audience list.
- In the "Increase By" button, choose a level between 0.01%-200%. Note: Negative bid multipliers aren't supported.
You can also set audience bid multipliers via the Bids API v2.1.
See bid performance for audience lists
If you just want to to see how hotel ads may perform for your audience list compared to a general audience, set the audience bid multiplier to increase by 0.01%, which is effectively no change in bid.
Build dynamic URLs for audience lists
If you set a bid multiplier for audience lists, you can vary your Hotel Ads landing page for audience lists. For instance, you may want to vary your landing page to make it more appealing to a certain list, such as loyalty program members. Learn more about dynamic URLs
Bid multiplier effects for audience listsThe audience bid multiplier acts in combination with the other bid multipliers, including length of stay, advanced booking window, device type, and others. When you combine different multipliers, the base bid may be raised by up to 10x the base bid. Learn more about bid multiplier effects
How bidding for audience lists works with multiple campaigns
If you have multiple campaigns targeting the same traffic, the Hotel Ads auction will select the one with the highest effective bid. For example, suppose Campaign A and Campaign B are targeting the same Hotel ID and user country.
Campaign A has a $2 base bid, with a 100% bid multiplier for an audience list, and Campaign B has a $5 base bid with no multiplier. Campaign B will earn the impression, even though it has no audience list bid multiplier.
Keep in mind:
- Customers always see the lowest rate for which they're eligible, regardless of bid multipliers.
- If a customer is part of multiple audience lists that have been targeted in a campaign, the highest multiplier among the matching audience list is used.
- Your account has a maximum of 50 unique audience lists that can be used across all of your campaigns and rate rule definitions. Any bid multipliers set for audience lists that exceed the limit will not be applied.