Google Play reviews apps for certain policy requirements, but developers can make changes to their apps anytime. It is important that parents review all information about an app before downloading to make sure that the app is appropriate for their child.
Find games or apps for kids
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
- Tap Games, or Apps.
- At the top, tap Kids. All apps in this section are teacher approved. Learn more about the teacher approved badge.
- For Movies & TV, tap Family.
- For Books, tap Children’s Books.
Tip: To prevent anyone who uses your device from downloading or purchasing mature content, set up parental controls.
What the “Teacher approved” badge means
- Age appropriate
- Thoughtfully designed
- Fun or inspiring
Age ranges for Movies & TV and Books
Movies & TV
Google Play assigns an age rating based on the movie or TV show's content rating.
On a movie or TV show, you may see:
- Ages: Specific age ranges based on the content rating, between 0 and 12 years old.
- All ages: The content rating will show that the movie or tv show is suitable for all ages.
Google Play assigns a star badge based on publisher-provided information like reading level.
Report inappropriate content
We do our best to make sure family-friendly content meets Google Play’s heightened policy requirements.
If you find content that may be inappropriate for kids and families, let us know.