Read news & magazines offline
With the Google Play Newsstand app , you can read your downloaded news and magazines even when you don't have an Internet connection.
Tip: Make sure you have an active Internet connection before downloading Newsstand items to your device. It may take some time to download items to your device.
Download to your deviceTo save a Newsstand item to your device:
- Open the Play Newsstand app .
- Touch the Menu icon .
- Touch the Menu icon below a news source, magazine, or topic > Download .
- Select the view you want to download.
- Note: For more information on the difference between Print and Lite view, go to Change the way a magazine displays.
To go to your download settings, open the Google Play Newsstand app > Touch the Menu icon > Settings. Under "Downloading," choose from the following options:
- Download via Wi-Fi only: Download only when using a Wi-Fi connection to help reduce potential carrier data charges.
- Download while charging only: Download only when charging to help preserve battery life.
On the Google Play Newsstand app , a blue check icon indicates an item has been downloaded to your device.
If you want to remove an item from your device, touch Menu > Remove download.
- Offline reading is available only with the Google Play Newsstand app . Currently, you can't read magazines offline on your computer.
- Magazines aren't available on the Newsstand app for iOS.
- Audio, video, and some images aren't available offline.