Read news & magazines offline
With the Google Play Newsstand app, you can read your saved news and magazines even when you don't have an Internet connection.
Make sure that you have an active Internet connection before saving news or magazines to your device.News
Read news and magazines offline
On the Google Play Newsstand app, a pin icon tells you whether a news source or magazine has been saved to your device.
- A gray, angled pin indicates that an item hasn’t been downloaded and can only be read when you’re online.
- A purple, vertical pin indicates that an item has has been downloaded and pinned to your device.
If you want to remove an item from your device, touch Menu > pin icon.
Note: Offline reading is only available for the Google Play Newsstand app. Currently, you can’t read magazines offline using your computer.
You can change your download settings by touching Menu > Settings (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different), where you can choose from the following options.
- Download via Wi-Fi only: Download only when using a Wi-Fi connection to help reduce potential carrier data charges.
- Download while charging only: Download only when charging to help preserve battery life.
- Keep Read Now on device: Download Read Now articles to read offline. On Read Now, touch Menu > On device only to find saved content (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different)