Important: This feature is only available if you're signed in to your Google Account.
You can customize Google News to get more stories you want, like updates from your favorite sports team or new stories about specific topics like technology or space exploration.
To get more or less stories you want:
- Follow or unfollow an interest like a topic, place, or publication.
- Like or unlike specific stories about a topic or from a source.
- Hide stories from a source.
Choose what stories to get
Follow an interest
- On your Android phone or tablet, open Google News .
- At the top, tap Search .
- Search for a topic, place, or publication, or tap a listed interest.
- Tap Follow .
Tip: To explore new topics, places, and publications, tap Newsstand .
Unfollow an interest
If you no longer want to get updates or news about a topic, place, or publication:
- Open the topic, place, or publication and tap Following .
- At the bottom, tap Following View all and manage More Stop following .
Like or unlike a story
Important: You may not be able to like or unlike a story. For example, you won't be able to like stories labeled Headlines in the "Briefing" section or any story in the Headlines tab.
- Under a story you like or don’t like, tap More .
- If you want:
- To get more stories like it: Tap More stories like this .
- To get fewer stories like it: Tap Fewer stories like this .
Hide stories from a source
- Find a story from the source you no longer want to get updates from.
- To no longer get stories from that source, tap More Hide all stories from [source] .
How Google News uses your Web & App Activity
Your Google Account saves your searches and other activity across Google products to My Activity. Google News can personalize your news based on some of those activities. Learn how to view & control activity on your account.