Read news & magazines
Read Newsstand content
Using your Google Play Newsstand app , you can read suggested articles from top news sources, along with news and magazines you've added.
- To read recommended content, open the Newsstand app > touch the Menu icon > Read Now > swipe left or right to select a topic.
- Read Now shows topics you subscribe to, along with Highlights that adjust to what you read most often. As you read more, your recommendations will improve.
- Once you've read an article, it will be displayed in gray. You can refresh what shows on Read Now by swiping down on your screen.
- To read content you've added to your collection, open the Newsstand app > touch the Menu icon > My Library.
You can select a publisher's icon to find more content available from a source.
Many articles are tagged with a topic that you can select to help you find more of what you like. After you've added a topic to your library, it will be available at the top of your screen on Read Now and related articles will be color coded.
Read news in a different language
- To translate a news source into a different language: Open the Google Play Newsstand app > touch the Menu icon > touch Menu next to a news source > Translate > Select a language.
- To change a news source back to its original language: touch the Menu icon again > Undo translation.
Note: Translations aren't available on the Newsstand app for iOS.
Shana is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.