Send Google Play gifts by email
You can send gifts of Google Play Music subscriptions and Google Play Books by email in some countries. We call these ‘digital gifts.’ In many countries, you can also buy and give physical Google Play gift cards.
To send a digital gift, your recipient must be registered for Google Play in the same country as you. Currently, you can't send other digital content as gifts or lend digital content to another account. You can share apps and digital content with your family if you use Google Play Family Library.
If you have a gift, see redeem a gift card or promo code for instructions on how to use it.
Buy and send digital gifts
Send a gift of Google Play Music
- Go to the website for your digital gift. If you can't access these websites you may not be in an eligible country. See below for more details.
- For Google Play Music subscription gifts, go to play.google.com/music/gift.
- Select a gift option.
- If prompted, sign in to your Google Account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your gift recipient's email address, your name, and a message.
- Review your order. If needed, you can update your payment method.
- Click Buy. An email with a gift code will be sent to the recipient immediately.
Send a book as a gift
- Browse or search for an e-book on the Google Play Store.
- Click Buy as Gift .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to buy & send your gift. An email with a gift code will be sent to the recipient immediately.
Note: If your recipient can't find the email with the gift code, you can resend it. A copy of the gift email is sent to the email account you used to make the purchase with. Forward that email to the recipient so they can see and use the gift code.
Countries where Google Play digital gifts are available
Google Play Music subscriptions
|Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States|
Google Play Books
|Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States|
Transfers and refunds
Content can't be transferred between accounts
It is not possible to share or transfer content between accounts on Google Play, even if you own both accounts. If you have multiple accounts on your device, make sure you’re signed in to the account you want to use before you complete your purchase.
You can share content with your family
Note: This applies only to gifts of Google Play credit, Google Play Music subscriptions, or Google Play Books purchased through Google. If your gift was purchased through a third-party retailer, contact the retailer for refund information.
If you want to return your gift, let the purchaser know so they can contact us. Note:
- We can only issue a refund to the person who purchased the gift.
- Refunds can only be issued for gifts which have not been redeemed.
- The gift code is not redeemable once the gift is refunded.
- Refunds for Google Play credit gifts are only available for 3 months after the date of purchase.
Request a gift refund
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund for gifts in Google Play apps.
- At the top, select Purchase history. Then, find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, click More .
- Note: On mobile phones and tablets, you may need to swipe to the right to view the menu icon.
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund.